Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Photographer Works for Pizza! Inspiration That Rocks #2!

Just in case you missed "Inspiration That Rocks #1" you can catch-up HERE. 

My 22 year old son, Camden (Gaelic - from the winding valley) cautiously agreed to accompany me to Hart Park (through which the Killer Kern River runs).  He informed me that he would HOLD and CARRY ONLY. The last time I handed him a camera (my Olympus) he dropped it on the concrete driveway. 


Opal - Mostly transparent mineral consisting of hydrous silica. Opal can occur in almost any color, but it is often pinkish white with a milky or pearly appearance. It typically forms within cracks in igneous rocks, limestone's, and mineral veins. Commonly found near Hot Springs.

As promised, I have identified the name of this Mineral.  The Reader who submitted this Opal photo is now entered in the final vote to win a Vintage Tatted Snowflake Necklace. There are now 8 photos in the pool to be carried over. 

If you want to submit a photo, please email to lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com.  Remember, don't tell me the name of the Specimen.  If you use a URL make sure it doesn't contain the name in the address. 

 See Photo Guidelines, Giveaway info, and Schedule Dates
 for Submissions and Outfit Posts HERE.


 Sea Drift Dress worn as a Skirt - by C Keer - Anthro Orig $138 Sale $70 - Aug 2009
Spotlights Tank - by RicRac - Anthro Orig $58 Sale $30 - April 2010
Pier to Pier Jacket in Navy - by Tulle Clothing - Modcloth Orig $89 Sale $62 - Jan 2011
British Poise Cincher - Anthro $48 - Nov 2010
Julian Alps Platforms - by Frye - Anthro $198 - Mar 2009
7 graduated Natural Stone Necklace - Etsy Shop Mud and Mint $37 - May 2009
(Dumortierite, Amazonite, Fossilized Coral, Bronzite, Quartz, Pink Peruvian Opal, Calcite)

I've worn the The Spotlights Tank twice in one month. 
 
See the Spotlights Tank layered under a pullover HERE.
 
I adore this top.  The reviews were not so favorable. Which usually bods well for me.  But, I did have to do a bit of stitching on the bodice so my bra wouldn't show.  Otherwise, this top has been a fun little sale item for me.
 
Camden and I grabbed our gear and crossed the road to find a small crowd on the photo OP bridge. While we waited for the crowd to clear, I set up the tripod across the street and started taking a few photos. I couldn't see the blinking light or hear the beeps from my auto timer.  So I kindly requested son to step in and just push the button on my mark.

 Baby steps are still needed even at age 22.

Sea Drift Dress worn as a Skirt - by C Keer - Anthro Orig $138 Sale $70 - Aug 2009
Spotlights Tank - by RicRac - Anthro Orig $58 Sale $30 - April 2010
Pier to Pier Jacket in Navy - by Tulle Clothing - Modcloth Orig $89 Sale $62 - Jan 2011
Julian Alps Platforms - by Frye - Anthro $198 - Mar 2009
7 graduated Natural Stone Necklace - Etsy Shop Mud and Mint $37 - May 2009
(Dumortierite, Amazonite, Fossilized Coral, Bronzite, Quartz, Pink Peruvian Opal, Calcite)

This might seem a little strange.  But my Skirt is actually Anthro's Sea Drift Dress.  See how it actually looks HERE.  I am wearing the bodice under the skirt like a pair of shorts.  It was naturally a little bulky with the ruffled waistline and the Spotlights Tank over top.  So I belted over everything with Anthro's British Poise Cincher.

After a few minutes we moved back over to the hill next to the bridge.  There is a couple standing on my OP spot now.  Camden is now taking on the tripod set-up and deciding the best location.  But I still have to tell him "Now" to push the button.  It's 3 PM and almost 70 degrees F.  I'm WARM!  But I want that bridge.

Meet Anita

Anita kindly allowed me to take a picture with her.  Her little sister was afraid of the slats between the wood planks.  Now Camden really shows his TRUE GRIT.  He tells Anita to look at him and smile in his sweetest voice.  She's a cutie.  And now we can get down to business and get the shot I want.  He moved the tripod off the trail and up the hill, claiming that was the best spot.  Now he's calling the shots.  He took about 5 photos to get this one.

I love my son for taking this photo!


Sea Drift Dress worn as a Skirt - by C Keer - Anthro Orig $138 Sale $70 - Aug 2009
Spotlights Tank - by RicRac - Anthro $58 Sale $30 - April 2010
Pier to Pier Jacket in Navy - by Tulle Clothing - Modcloth Orig $89 Sale $62 - Jan 2011
Julian Alps Platform - by Frye - Anthro Orig $198 - Jan 2009


This photo captures the image of the Opal inspired outfit I imagined. The sun shining on the River water emulates the explosions of light within the beautiful mineral.  The Cognac Leather of the Platforms translates to the natural Brown shell of the igneous rock,  The Jacket and Dress bring in the rich Blues. 

Camden asked me if I wanted to look at the photos.  I asked, "Did you get one?"  He said "Yes." 

Thank you Camden.  The whole time we are doing this, a small crowd has formed waiting to cross the bridge.


Funny thing is...you can walk 10 yards up and cross the road.  As we walked to the car he said, "I can't believe I just did that. Do you want to take more?" 
 
 

My High School friends and I used to hang out across the street from what we called The Palm Grove. Camden was worried about shadows cast by the tripod. Now he was telling me where I should stand. I couldn't believe this was the same son I left the house with.  My son, who never wants to hear anything about my blog.  I changed my coat for a Brown Blazer. Camden said it looked out of place, so I put it back in the car.

I PUT IT BACK IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!  ; )

I did sneak a small piece of Pink Peruvian Opal in the outfit by way of my Etsy Necklace seen HERE. 



Anthro's Sea Drift Dress worn as a Skirt - by C Keer - Anthro Orig $138 Sale $70 - Aug 2009
Julian Alps Platforms - by Frye - Anthro Orig $198 - Jan 2009


Anthro's Julian Alps by Frye. These Platforms haven't seen the light of day in over a year. It was nice to give them much needed love for the day.



Sea Drift Dress worn as a Skirt - by C Keer - Anthro Orig $138 Sale $70 - Aug 2009
Spotlights Tank - by RicRac - Anthro $58 Sale $30 - April 2010
Pier to Pier Jacket in Navy - by Tulle Clothing - Modcloth Orig $89 Sale $62 - Jan 2011
British Poise Cincher - Anthro $48 - Nov 2010
Sara Fur Felt Cloche Hat in Turquoise - by Mary Ann Koch - Couture Creations $145 -Mar 2010

Another Modcloth to love!  The Pier to Pier Jacket in Navy by Tulle Clothing. Along with my Sara Fur Felt Cloche by Mary Ann Koch Milliner extraordinaire of Couture Creations.

Shop the Pier to Pier Jacket HERE.

Shop the Sara Cloche HERE

I made a photo request to Camden.  He tells me, throwing my hat in the air is stupid.  I explain that the blog is supposed to be entertaining and fun.  He mumbles "Stupid."  He captured a good toss.




As we drive back to town, he tells me that he wouldn't mind doing this again as long as I pay him in Pizza.

Don't forget to submit this weeks photo.  If you submit one per week, it will increase your chances of winning the giveaway necklace.

Anthro Sister Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent website. I stumbledupon it ;) I'm going to come back
once again since i have book-marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest
way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.


Feel free to surf to my web blog: insurance transcription services

Unknown said...

Hello, after reading this awesome piece of writing i am too delighted to share my know-how here with colleagues.
icare data recovery pro 7 crack

Big Dreamer said...

here are very well informations here keep it up
Dll File Fixer 3.2.90 Crack

Unknown said...

Lovely & informative blog. i just want to know how you build this blog?
Avast cleanup activation code for free

Unknown said...

well information and nice photos
eset nod32 antivirus 2017 crack || windows 7 home premium key

Emily Kenzie said...

Nice blog. thanks for shared with us.

Victoria Carey said...

Amazing blog i love it thanks for shared with us.

avast antivirus 2017 license key said...

Free Avast Cleanup 2017 Full Version Activation Code easy Download Crack. We also provide avast Cleanup Activation Code with Licence Key.

jadegowns said...

Es gibt viele viele schöne prom Kleider auf http://www.jadegowns.de Schauen Sie sich das an und Sie werden nicht enttäuscht sein.
abendkleider lila

glamchase said...

There are many many beautiful prom dresses on http://www.glamchase.co.uk. Have a look on it and you will not be disappointed.
sexy dress in london

Unknown said...

see more Editing photos to make beautiful portraits of individuals, including additional elements to the picture check more 2017 Calendar Printable that can be printed. You do promises to our selves to follow some discipline see more

Unknown said...

Hi, Everyone. Today i noticed your blog Thanks for the sharing great post. Its very useful for me. Keep it up admin.
dissertation in Management

khan said...

good work. am very glad to be here. thanks
crackingkeys

wishing said...

birthday

visit for birthday images

Usmansoft said...

Cash App offers a unique rewards program called "Cash Boost," Cash App free money code you can receive discounts at various merchants and restaurants when using your Cash Card for purchases.

Post a Comment

For Comments Please Select "View Web Version" Below.